places to go and people to see

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mayans, Politics, and Everything (is so screwed up).

So I have this History project that I'm doing with Hope.
I know that we work well together and this is absolutely not about her. ILY, darling.
But it's not interesting.
I love the Mayan civilization, it's fascinating.
I'm studying the political structure.
I didn't know it would be this dry. Of course, it's not helping that I'm using Wikipedia, but still.
Just from this I remember how. much. i. hate. politics. and then that reminds me of everything going on in US politics and just kill me now.
Am I getting more aware, or is our country just falling apart? I know that the Mayan calendar doesn't actually technically end, but maybe we have, like, a political apocalypse coming? It would make sense.
I'm not really that biased. I still don't understand a lot of our country's political system, I think, but right now I know it's bad and I want to have nothing to do with it.
So it's... difficult to get through the Maya without relating it to today. Or was that the point of the assignment?

1 comment: