places to go and people to see

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I've been lame and missing and I'm sorry.

I've been surprisingly unbusy this week. My sister got her wisdom teeth out (oh, the joy. THE PAIN AND SUFFERING)... I spent a couple of days with some of my friends from school who I haven't seen since CTE ended... Um... I've kind of worked out through a counselor a tutor for this year! He went to my school, he's in college now, and he's probably going to work with me once a week on long-term projects and stuff. Or if Dad's at trainings and can't help with my math. Heh.
Aaaaand today my friend Rachel had her Bat Mitzvah! It was a huge deal and super fantastic. My family isn't Jewish, and not a lot of my friends are, so her's was the first I've ever been to, and it was so much fun. I read a translation of her Torah portion, or an Aliyah, during the ceremony, and got to listen to a lot of Hebrew. It's such a gorgeous language, especially because most of the prayers are sung by the congregation. Then we headed to the reception/party/thing(whatdoicallitracheliknowyou'rereadingthis) and the food was awesome to epic proportions.
And we danced (and we cried. and we laughed. and had a really, really good time. haha. no. sorry.) a bunch (four?) different dances that are apparently usually performed (is that the right word here?) at Jewish celebrations (or maybe just Bat/Bar Mitzvahs, I don't know).
My favorite was the one where the guests entertained the (well, technically bride and groom, it's traditionally a wedding dance, but whatever) the Bat Mitzvah and her parents.
Ohmygosh. Her uncle and Rabbi Seth are fantastic dancers. So much fun to watch. (also Rabbi Seth just did all of the dance moves, even when it was the seventh grade girls leading. that was fantastic. Rachel, your Rabbi is one of my favorite people ever.)
Soooo that was kinda my day.
Also I got to hang out with Sami (who I hadn't seen since the end of CTE, like forrealz, even though we've both been back for a week) and Jake and Quinn.
And I get to go to Sami's and spend endless hours in the treehouse with her and Quinn tomorrow.
Today was good.
Also, on an unrelated note, and I swear this will be the last time I talk about this, I have a huge readership from Russia now.
How cool is that? Also, now a minor one from Australia. Hey, my dear Russian readers, any chance of you logging in to leave comments? Or following, so that I know who you are? I'd love to get to know you :D
~Rose

1 comment:

  1. After-party. And yay, i didn't die! That was good. And I love (modestly enjoy as a person) my rabbi too! And yesterday was kind of literally the best day of my life... and gah, the flash mob!

    ReplyDelete