places to go and people to see

Sunday, August 12, 2012

...So I reread City of Bones this week.

City of Bones is the first book in The Mortal Instruments series; it's fantastic. Cassandra Clare, the author, is incredible. Also, you should jump on the bandwagon now when casting for the movie is still in progress, rather than when everyone's reading it because of the movie hype.
But that's not my point. Because I've read the entire series (and parts of it, multiple times, namely, the parts that either made me squeal or cry [or do both, there are always some of those]), when Magnus showed up I cried.
When Magnus met Alec, I cried. When the scene in Izzy's bedroom happened, I cried. When the scene with Alec and Clary happened, I cried.
WHEN MAGNUS HEALED ALEC AND HE SAID HE DIDN'T REMEMBER IT AND WAS BLUSHING I CRIED BECAUSE OF THIS.
...
Also when the scene in Renwick's happened and Jace spilled his wine I laughed until I cried because oh. Sweetie. No.
Nonono.
Also Gretel and Alaric. :( I liked them.
...And then there's my feels about Valentine. He thinks he so righteous, and he's not, he's really not, but he what he believes in, he believes in so strongly. He may be doing the wrong things for the wrong reasons, but he thinks he's doing right and if he were, he would be doing it incredibly well. Valentine's utterly brilliant, and that's what I love about him. He's a villain, but I still really like him because he's such as good character.
He's super important to the plot and fabulously written and
i just
I love him.
He's so brilliantly bad and I love him. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment