places to go and people to see

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

100 OHMYGOD YOU GUYS (also humanities vs. science)

Soooo this is my 100th post. I feel like I should get an 'official blogger' award or something. IDK.
Anyway, this post actually has a point. :)
On Google Plus, there's a picture that keeps coming up on my feed.
This one. The caption is 'comment - which are you?' or something similar. And I just want to say, I'm neither. I love binary and logic problems, and many parts of math and science come easily to me. But easy as they are, what I LIKE better are my classes dealing with humanities - history and english. I don't have favorite numbers, I have favorite letters. R, Z, O and B. My science teacher, Saint Campbell, says that he sees me as being very science-minded, when I know that I often make decisions based off of emotions and aesthetics. I want a lamp for over my bed, and I want the right one. Going shopping with my dad doesn't work; he's an engineer. He doesn't have as much of a need for aesthetic beauty, he prefers function over design. I understand that, but it isn't how my brain works. I can't look at Comic Sans font without cringing because it isn't pretty. Neither is Calibri. I always use Times New Roman because I cannot stand anything else.
So I'm not really either. I'm right handed, which means that my left brain is in control of that, but... I don't know. I doubt if anyone is definitely either.

No comments:

Post a Comment