places to go and people to see

Friday, November 2, 2012

I don't understand.

Why can't I feel like everyone else? Why can't my life be the fairytale everyone thinks it is, thinks a girl's life is and should be? Why can't I be perfect like they tell me to be?
Why is my heart too big to ignore people's problems but too small to even deal with my own? Why is normal impossible for me, much less my clearer-minded friends?
I don't get why I can't have what I want. Maybe I don't deserve it. I don't deserve a lot of things. But can't I at least feel like I'm not the one girl who wore pink when we were supposed to wear yellow?
Can't I be the one who blends in? It's not like I don't make an effort.

1 comment:

  1. Truth be told, I think everyone feels that way. I think you are normal in wishing you were normal and like everyone else. Even the people who seem more in that out, I would guess, feel like that. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete